Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Just do it.

So after all these weeks and even semesters of teaching and demonstrating, I'm just itching to make something of my own. And by make, I mean use my hands – not a mouse. So today I started just getting the juices flowing by responding to the editorial page of the Minnesota Daily during my studio hours in the print lab. After reading the Op/Ed articles, I started to synthesize what sort of feelings/emotions/sentiments were emerging from these words. I started a plan for letterpress printing over the newspaper page, perhaps layering to convey the full sense of confusion and frustration I felt while reading the articles. On the drive home, I pictured digitally layering this handprinted piece with some interesting RSS feeds (similar to the Twitter Election2008 feed) that showcase evidence of these emotions in blogs, twitter feeds, or other personal reports on the web. Just some thoughts . . . we'll see where it leads.

No comments: